29 Oct Starting your online business with social media
How can you kick start your online business with social media?
The power of social media
- Generate instant traffic to your website – as a click through from your Facebook page to your website
- Build your brand reputation in the eyes of your target customers
- Communicate and interact with your target audience directly. It’s like having your own radio station and community meeting all in one
- Push news and product information out to the marketplace faster and cheaper than through offline methods
- Help you effectively build leads by using interactive content such as quizzes. Facebook can serve as an incredibly powerful lead generation tool.
Business pages on Facebook for your shopping cart website
How can a business use a Facebook page?
How can you use a Business Facebook page to promote your online shop?
- Post product information like new arrivals, specials and featured products
- Post information about products coming soon
- Link to, comment or post industry news – like a mini news blog
- Interact with your customers – gauge your customer’s reactions, comments, their favourites and potential demand. Or to get quick reviews
- Posting coupons and other promotions that you are running on your website
- Post information about events that you are attending or running
- Sharing links and resources relevant and interesting to your customers
- Posting links to information that your customers might want to share (the more interesting and unique the better). But make sure it’s relevant and interesting to your customers or it will be seen as a cheap attempt to get interest which could hurt you more than it helps
Other Social Media: Twitter and Pinterest
- Pinterest is all about making pin board galleries of photos that interest you, so it’s a very visual tool. If you have outstanding photographs of your products, or catalogue photos you can use your social media to build interest in your products. For example, show additional images on Pinterest – your products in actual usage, higher resolution shots, or other shots you have of your products that you don’t necessarily show in your online shop. Think of Pinterest as a graphic magazine advertisement for the products in your shop. It’s particularly useful if you make your own products or sell craft and scrapbooking products.
- You can also gather interaction through Pinterest by encouraging your customers to post pictures of your products in use or repinning your pictures on their own boards, so your images can snowball in popularity.
- Twitter can help you gain more visitors to your site by posting hot news, trending information and links relevant to your target audience. Twitter uses hash tags which are like “a quick reference subject guide” for the content of the tweet. You only get a small number of characters to do the work, so you need to write a great headline with the right tagline if you want to succeed. You can use Twitter to drive traffic to your Facebook page, or website.
How Ozcart Facebook and social media integration can help
- You can add a “Like” button to your product pages. Other people coming to your page can see how many other people Liked it, which gives your products more credibility. Over 50% of Facebook shares are product-related so if you make your product appealing enough, you can gain likes to it
- You can let customers login and join your store using their Facebook accounts instead of having to go through the process of signing up manually. By authenticating with Facebook, they can have an account in your store, getting them through the registration process and back to shopping (or checking out) faster!
- Ozcart allows you to enable reviews and comments on products via customer’s Facebook accounts – which helps you encourage your customers to review you on Facebook. This is an invaluable way of building social credibility for your products.
- You can show your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest feeds directly in a fly out tab on your website, giving customers quick access to social proof of the credibility of your online shop. A large number of likes can help overcome a first-time customer’s initial concerns about the legitimacy of your company, and access to your Facebook page just a click away can give customers a connection to you that they know that they can contact you in some way if they need to if something goes wrong with their order or items.